NUTS (WALNUT, PECAN NUT, ALMOND, CASHEW, PISTACHIO...)
A nut is a fruit composed of an inedible hard shell and a seed, which is generally edible. In general, a wide variety of dried seeds are considered as nuts, such as walnut, pecan nut, almond, cashew, pistachio etc.. Nuts are a good source of healthy fats, fiber, protein and other beneficial nutrients. Each type of nut offers different nutritional benefits and may also have different insects that could affect their quality.
EcO2 solutions such as Controlled Atmosphere or Heat Treatment can solve pest problems in nuts by killing insect pests in all the stages of their life cycle, without leaving any chemical residue on products.
Common commodity feeder
- Almond moth (Cadra cautella)
- Australian spider beetle (Ptinus tectus)
- Drugstore beetle (Stegobium paniceum)
- Tropical warehouse moth (Ephestia cautella)
- Warehouse beetle (Trogoderma variabile)
- Controlled Atmosphere forinfested products .
- Heat Treatment for infestated buildings.